Every organizer who organizes any event always craves for responses like; “Wow, that event blew my mind!”Or something like this “I got so much more out of it than I expected!” These are the types of responses that can make or break a brand. If attendees like the experience they had at the event, they will surely attend the next one; they will always have compliments about your event and eventually buy your product and will also suggest others to buy it.
Well living up to the expectations of attendees is not as easy as it sounds. This is the challenging part, to make sure all your attendees have an amazing experience. Organizers have repeatedly used mobile event apps as a way of overcoming this challenge. These interactive apps help the attendees feel empowered and in control of the event as well as to stay connected to others.
Your event app needs to be chosen carefully, once you have chosen it, it will help you in boosting engagement and extending the score of your event. You need to make the most of this platform in order to achieve the results you expect.
Therefore, to ensure that you use your event app correctly and your event Is a success, you need to divide your strategy into three parts:
1. Promote the app on your event website and registration page: Always get the word out about your event app. Be sure to include quicker check ins, interactive maps, special offers and a call-to-action (CTA).
2. Mention your app in your paper brochures and guides: Be sure to promote your app as much as you can, brochures, guides, downloadable PDFs and even tickets. The more you promote, more likely will be the chances of the attendees downloading your app.
1. Encourage speakers to interact with their audience in the event app: Try to create experiences that are only available on the event app, it’ll get the crowd anxious and they’ll ultimately download the app.
2. Always make sure to have a section for queries and Q&A: The in-app Q&A feature is a great way to give audiences an alternative to speaking into the microphone so it allows the less bold people to clear their doubts as well.
3. Don’t bore your attendees with just words and images: Always include a section for videos. You can even include videos related to the event, in case someone missed the starting or a part in between, or if someone found a topic too interesting to revisit it, they can watch in videos section to make sure they are up-to-date with the topic. Just don’t forget to make sure that you have the venue has the WiFi which can handle the traffic.
1. Send personalized appreciation announcement to all your attendees through the app: Always send a “Thank you” message to all the attendees via the app after a day or two. This is a simple way to pull them back into your app as well as to show your appreciation for their involvement.
2. Give attendees the updates about the upcoming events using the same app: Continue promoting your post events, training sessions and other programs through the app. You can even include a discount or promo code for app users.